On hold due to Storm Emma

Well we have had to stay at campsite Orgiva longer than we had planned due to severe stormy weather, Storm Emma had made life harder for most of Europe and we certainly didn’t escape it in the south of Spain either, we had planned to stay only 3 nights here, but the bad weather continued with extremely strong gusts of wind and heavy rainfall that went on and on for days, all we could do was wait for the storm to pass and hope all family and friends here and at home caught up in it were doing the same, we saw pictures and reports of snow and bad weather causing chaos all over Europe and lots of updates from the UK regarding the snow there too, the likes of which the country hadn’t seen for years…

We had to arrange to stay at the site until the 6th March now, due to the weather warnings the campsite has been fairly busy for such a small site, and of course due to the weather conditions we have been a little trapped, those with smaller campervans have managed to escape during the short lulls in the weather… but for us with higher sided vehicles or caravans, well we’ve had to stay put… it’s been hard to explore too much of the area and we have stayed much of the time inside keeping warm and dry… 5-6 whole days parked up sheltering from the weather has made us a little restless… so far we have watched three whole seasons of Narcos, and now started on The Frankenstein Chronicles thanks to Netflix… at least the internet is free here…

It’s Monday the 5th March as I write this the wind and rain has just picked up again for the time being, but watching the weather radar it should be clear enough in the morning for us to move on, our escape from the mountains is in sight, we will then try to catch back up with the elusive sun….

Stay safe and warm wherever you are…

Take care

Donna x